Wednesday 26 May 2010

Final Cut Tutorial

Final cut is an advanced media production programme, creating more accurate and higher developed film projects than with I-movie. Being a more advanced programme you need to learn how to correctly use the programme from scratch because it is not the same as with I-movie.
My film group all ready were a head of the rest of the class as we used it for our evaluation.
We started by learning how to import files and place them into the timeline for both the video and audio files. We used pre-recorded dance video's and music clips of people in animal costumes.
We needed to learn to cut the files as it is different to cutting media in I-movie. It is done through the use of a razor tool or use viewer and select in and out points.
After finding this out we began editing. Throughout the clip there were purposeful parts where the clip was black, there for you to practice your cutting techniques.
To make things more difficult myself I took two audios and have cut them together to create a longer video clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment